Goodell DeVries is pleased to announce that the firm received rankings in 10 practice areas in the 2017 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, including being ranked Tier 1 Nationally for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions and Tier 1 Regionally for Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law (Defendants), Mass Tort/Class Action (Defendants), Medical Malpractice Law (Defendants), Personal Injury Litigation (Defendants), and Product Liability Litigation (Defendants).
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. Clients and peers were asked to evaluate firms based on the following criteria: responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, integrity and civility, as well as whether they would refer a matter to the firm and/or consider the firm a worthy competitor.
Firms included in the 2017 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a ranking signals a unique combination of quality and breadth of legal expertise, and reflects the high level of respect that a firm has earned among other leading lawyers and clients in the same community and practice areas.
“Goodell DeVries is very proud to once again be recognized as a top tier law firm both nationally and regionally,” says Linda S. Woolf, Managing Partner at the firm. “For the past 28 years, we have made it our mission to, not only provide our clients with efficient and effective results, but also to have a deep understanding of our clients’ business. This has enabled us to serve the dual role of advocate and trusted advisor. Having our clients and peers recognize our commitment and dedication in 10 practice areas is truly an honor.”
Goodell DeVries received rankings in the following areas:
- Tier 1, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Commercial Litigation
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Tier 1, Baltimore, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Tier 2, Philadelphia, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Tier 2, Philadelphia, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Tier 3, Baltimore Litigation – Construction